1712 7″ LCD Radar
The sleek new 18″ radome antenna
Furuno’s new 1712 radar combines power and high screen definition with a lightweight radome and an ultra-compact, waterproof display. This 7″ silver bright LCD monochrome display will allow you to readily identify objects in any lighting condition.
The 1712 is a 2.2kW radar with a 24 nautical mile range. The new sleek design of its 18″ radome antenna has a beamwidth of 5.2°, which helps you detect objects over a greater distance, even in bad weather. The 1712 can be inter-connected with nav equipment, chart plotters and even sounders through its two NMEA 0183 data input ports.
1712 Radar Features Include:
- High contrast silver bright 7″ Liquid Crystal Display (LCD).
- EBL (Electronic Bearing Lines) and EVRM (Electronic Variable Range Marker).
- 24 nautical mile range lets you easily see distant targets using up to 14 range scales.
- 5.2° Horizontal Beamwidth.
- Zoom feature allow 1/8 n.m. capability for closer looks in harbors and inlets.
- Excellent screen clarity — day or night — Reverse image available.
- Three operating modes: “Normal” puts your boat at center mid-screen; “Off-Center” expands the forward view; “Watch Mode” turns on the radar at pre-set intervals and alerts you if targets appear.
- Ease of installation is assured by the use of cables with pre-wired marine connectors.
- Will interface with GPS, Loran and chart plotter.
- Four tones of gray for optimum target definition.
- Choice of light or dark background for optimum viewing at all times.
- Echo plot tracks targets.
- Guard zone alarm alerts you to potential danger.
- Automatic receiver tuning for optimum target detection.
- Automatic sensitivity and anti-clutter controls for a constant clear picture.
- Meets U.S. Coast Guard CFR-46 “Waterproof Machine” for mounting on open boats.
- Display resolution of 240(H) x 320(V) dots.
- Low power consumption — 12 to 24 VDC.
- A “lollipop” indication of selected waypoint position.
- Built-in “training” demo mode.